Pineapple Passion Fruit Mojito is a perfect tropical cocktail drink for hot summer days. It can be served with ice, lemon and mint leaves to make refreshing drink. I love summer only because of the tropical fruits, especially mango, passion fruit, lychee, pineapple, etc…The base of the drink is the simple ingredients. It goes well with any additions to change it to more complex cocktail.
There are so many recipes for tropical fruits like ice creams, popsicles, panna cotta, cake, etc.. but all recipes take time, but you can make this cocktail instantly and enjoy. The combination of pineapple and passion fruit is what I imagine a beach vacation and that would taste like if it had a flavor.
Passion Fruit: Passiflora edulis, commonly known as passion fruit, is a vine species of passionflower native to southern Brazil through Paraguay and northern Argentina. It is cultivated commercially in tropical and subtropical areas for its sweet, seedy fruit. The fruit is a pepo, a type of berry, round to oval, either yellow or dark purple at maturity, with a soft to firm, juicy interior filled with numerous seeds. The fruit is both eaten and juiced, the juice often added to other fruit juices to enhance aroma.(Source: WIKI)
Pineapple: The pineapple is a tropical plant with an edible fruit and the most economically significant plant in the family Bromeliaceae. The pineapple is indigenous to South America, where it has been cultivated for many centuries. The introduction of the pineapple to Europe in the 17th century made it a significant cultural icon of luxury. Since the 1820s, pineapple has been commercially grown in greenhouses and many tropical plantations. Further, it is the third most important tropical fruit in world production. In the 20th century, Hawaii was a dominant producer of pineapples, especially for the US; however, by 2016, Costa Rica, Brazil, and the Philippines accounted for nearly one-third of the world’s production of pineapples.(Source: WIKI)
• 1 Pineapple Peeled, Cored and Cubed
• 2-3 Passion Fruit Pulp without Seeds
• 2 tsp Sugar
• 7-8 Mint Leaves
• 2 Lime or Lemon
• Pinch of Salt
• ¼ cup Light Rum or Vodka(opt.)
• Club Soda
• 1 Passion fruit Pulp with Seeds
• Mint Leaves
• Lime Slices
• Kiwi Slices(opt.)
• Rosemary (opt.)
1. Blend pineapple cubes with sugar until the smooth puree. Strain and discard the solid.
2. In a pitcher, mix and muddle pineapple juice, rum, chopped mint leaves, salt, lime juice and passion fruit pulp.
3. In a tall glass, add crushed ice, the pineapple passion fruit mixture till half glass, kiwi slices, lime slice and mint leaves.
4. Top with 1-2 tsp passion fruit pulp with seeds and soda.
5. Garnish with rosemary and serve chilled.
• You can strain the muddle mixture if you want.
• Skip rum for non-alcoholic drink.
• If you could not find fresh passion fruits, then use a readymade syrup instead.
- 1 Pineapple Peeled, Cored and Cubed
- 2-3 Passion Fruit Pulp without Seeds
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 7-8 Mint Leaves
- 2 Lime or Lemon
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ cup Light Rum or Vodka(opt.)
- Club Soda
- For Garnishing
- 1 Passion fruit Pulp with Seeds
- Mint Leaves
- Lime Slices
- Kiwi Slices(opt.)
- Rosemary (opt.)
- Blend pineapple cubes with sugar until the smooth puree. Strain and discard the solid.
- In a pitcher, mix and muddle pineapple juice, rum, chopped mint leaves, salt, lime juice and passion fruit pulp.
- In a tall glass, add crushed ice, the pineapple passion fruit mixture till half glass, kiwi slices, lime slice and mint leaves.
- Top with 1-2 tsp passion fruit pulp with seeds and soda.
- Garnish with rosemary and serve chilled
Skip rum for non-alcoholic drink.
If you could not find fresh passion fruits, then use a readymade syrup instead.