Mooli Paratha (Radish Flatbread)
Mooli Paratha is a stuffed flatbread version from the Punjab. Mooli Paratha is one of the most popular and healthy paratha. Mooli Paratha is a best option for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Mooli Paratha is perfect combination with curd, raita, pickle or chutney.
• 1 ½ cup Shredded Radish/Mooli
• 1 cup finely Chopped (Radish/Mooli) Leaves
• ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
• 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
• 1 tsp Green Chili Paste
• ½ tsp Garam Masala
• 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
• ¼ tsp Carom Seeds
• Flour for dusting
4. Now remove from the flame and keep aside.
3. Make small small balls from dough.
7. Repeat flip and cook process until light brown spots appear on both sides.
8. Mooli paratha is ready for serving; serve with curd, pickle, chutney or raita.
- 1 ½ cup Shredded Radish/Mooli
- 1 cup finely Chopped (Radish/Mooli) Leaves
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Green Chili Paste
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¼ tsp Carom Seeds
- Flour for dusting
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, 1½ cup shredded Mooli and chopped leaves.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt and mix well.
- Stir fry continuously on medium flame and cook till all water evaporated.
- Now remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Mix flour, ½ tbsp oil, carom seed, salt and mix well.
- Knead the flour using required water and make dough like chapatti dough.
- Make small small balls from dough.
- Coat the ball into dusting flour and Roll the ball into small circle.
- Place 1 full tsp of stuffing on the center of the circle.
- Collect the edges of circle, seal and make ball, Press it a little and give a shape of flat ball.
- Coat it with dusting flour and roll out carefully and give it a circular shape having approx 6-7 inch diameter.
- Place it on a heated tava and cook on medium flame. When you see tiny bubbles rising on the surface, turn it over.
- Spread ½ teaspoon oil around its edge on both sides with the help of spatula and cook for a minute each side.
- Repeat flip and cook process until light brown spots appear on both sides.
- Mooli paratha is ready for serving; serve with curd, pickle, chutney or raita.